Having granite counter tops is a beautiful addition to your kitchen, and can really transform the space. While a homeowner is replacing the countertops, they also often look at their sink to see if they’d like to keep it or get a new one.
That said, most homeowners will update their sink, to match the beauty of their new counter tops.
For years, under-mount stainless steel sinks have remained as a staple in kitchens. However, as technologies change and improve, people looking to update their sinks should consider the following factor:
- Types of Sink Mounts: Currently, you can have under-mount sinks, top mounts sinks, integrated sinks, and drop-in sinks.
- Material Options: In addition to stainless steel, you can get sinks made from concrete, marble, granite, porcelain, ceramics, and brass, just to name few.
- Functionality: Many homes now use dish washers, instead of hand washing their dishes in the sink. You should consider this flow and how much sink space you need.
- Color: The color of a sink is a huge factor. Getting pure white porcelain sinks or in the stone similar to the granite slab is very common.
- Cost: The cost different sinks varies a great deal, depending on the kind of material you purchase. While metal and steel sinks are a bit more ‘pocket-friendly’, granite, porcelain and marble sinks can really be worth the extra cost in their aesthetic appeal.
- Number of Bowls: Traditionally sinks have a single bowl, but now you can get them with double bowls which can be helpful if you find yourself often needing more sink space.
From this you can see there are so many factors in choosing a sink that will match you new granite countertops, but one of the most important is the material.
Here are some sink materials you should consider, to compliment your granite countertops:
- Stainless Steel Sink:
As previously mentioned, stainless steel is the foremost when it comes to kitchen sinks. They are inexpensive, very durable, and a good-looking option, needing least of maintenance or touchup etc.
- Granite Sink:
Granite countertops with granite sinks are an unparalleled combination in terms of appearance, especially if their colors match.
However, this will be a fair amount of investment and you need to spend a considerable amount in keeping their appearance unblemished.
- Quartz Sink:
Quartz is an engineered countertop material and you can get quartz sinks as well to compliment your granite countertops.
And though they are about the same cost, quartz is more resistant to acids or spills, needing no much less major maintenance.
- Porcelain Sink:
Porcelain is another very beautiful option which is durable too. It is also available in a number of colors.
However, these sinks are more costly, needing a fair bit of investment.
- Concrete Sink:
There’s hardly any match to concrete in terms of durability. And nowadays, you can get them in a number of different colors.
However, homeowners rarely get these due to their more industrial appearance.
So if you are looking for a suitable sink to compliment your granite countertop, do not forget to consider the above essentials.
You can also get the help of a good granite importing and installation servicemen such as ‘Granite Direct’ in Denver. Having your new sink installed at the same time as your countertops can save you time and money.